** REGISTRATION IS FULL!!**
**”Nonrefundable due to limited spots, and since its a fundraiser!”**
2021 USA Powerlifting Power for a Purpose will be held Saturday, Dec. 11th at Viking Performance Training in Morgantown, WV!
Sanction Number: WV-2021-03
We invite you to join us for our annual charity powerlifting event for Stepping Stones, Power for a Purpose! We once again proudly team with USA Powerlifting, the largest and most prestigious organization in the country!
Stepping Stones is a recreation center (and much more) for people with disabilities that has enriched the lives of countless people in the North Central WV area and beyond. Please visit their website at www.steppingstoneswv.org to find out more about the wonderful things they do.
2021 USA Powerlifting Power for a Purpose
A charity meet for Stepping Stones, presented by Viking Performance Training, LLC.
Follow the Facebook page at: TBA
How do I help???: Gather donations & bring them with you to the meet!
***Special award for MOST MONEY RAISED***
ELIGIBILITY: Any male or female age 8 years or older. USA Powerlifting membership is required and available at www.usapowerlifting.com. Proof of membership will be required before weighing in. Everyone must also have filled out the USA Powerlifting Express Assumption of Risk, Release of Claims and Liability and Indemnity Agreement ONLINE.
RULES: Available at www.usapowerlifting.com
- 7:15am – gear checks, rack heights, waiver, etc open up
- 8:00am – weigh-ins begin
- 9:30am – weigh-ins end. Quick Rules & Safety Briefing (mandatory)
- 10:00am – competition begins
- Top 3 in each class
- “Best Lifter” for Open Male/Female, Junior Male/Female, and Master Male/Female
- Special award for Most money raised for the charity
ENTRY FEE: $97 normal, $25 late fee after October 31st… crossover fees listed with registration!
COMPETITION LOCATION: Viking Performance Training, 141 Greenbag Rd, Morgantown, WV 26501
QUESTIONS: Contact Jerry at email@example.com.
***Meet is currently capped at 42!***
Power for a Purpose 2021
We do want to remind all competitors that at this time (current writing, May 3, 2021) we are operating under specific guidelines for the COVID pandemic, from USA Powerlifting, WV State government, and Monongalia County Health Department guidelines.
* Any changes or updates to the guidelines that will affect the meet will be posted here!!! *
Current guidelines & policies for COVID:
- All competitors and spotters have the option to wear a mask (current WV guidelines are that masks are optional when exercising indoors). Referees and non-spotting volunteers, etc will wear a mask. Mask must be of approved or plain logo.
Athletes, coaches and spectators are responsible for bringing their own masks, and the meet director will provide masks for officials, including spotters, scoring staff, referees should they not have their own. Homemade masks are acceptable at this time unless recommendations by health authorities suggest that other types are necessary. Masks should be plain or if printed, fall within the guidelines within the USA Powerlifting rulebook.
Mask use will follow CDC guidelines as follows:
- The mouth and nose are fully covered.
- The covering fits snugly against the sides of the face so there are no gaps.
- The cloth face covering can be tied or otherwise secured to prevent slipping.
- The face covering is not shared with anyone else.
Those athletes, staff and/or spectators feeling ill, who have a cough, a fever, or other physical symptoms should withdraw from the competition. Should a participant be found to be ill, they will be removed from the venue.
Registration will take place as usual prior to competition. All participants must:
- Bring their own pen or pencil.
- All of those either working registration or waiting to register must wear a mask, stand six feet apart, and refrain from touching the registration table, staff, or other lifters.
Equipment check is waived at this time. However, those found to be using equipment illegal for the division they are in, e.g. raw, equipped, etc. will be removed from the meet and must leave the venue. Spot checks will be performed for approved equipment by officials.
Weigh-ins will take place with one athlete and the weigh-in official present only, with the exception of minors, who must have a parent or coach present.
- Everyone present in the weigh in room must wear masks and the athlete will show appropriate identification and membership while holding the items. They will not be handed to the weigh in official or placed on the table.
- The athlete will stand on the scale which is covered by a paper towel, which will be discarded after each lifter.
- Those waiting in line to weigh in must wear masks and stand at least 6 feet apart.
- After completing weigh in, the athlete must leave the weigh in room and the area where the weigh in has taken place, i.e. don’t stand and talk to the other competitors.
Competitions will run in sessions, with two flights per session, for a total of 28 athletes per session per platform.
- Athletes will arrive 30 minutes prior to weigh in and leave after the session awards and drug testing procedures are complete. Organizers may schedule as many sessions as are practicable each day of competition.
- Multiple platform meets will be allowed. However, each platform must be separated by a minimum of 10 feet allowing officials between platforms to maintain appropriate distancing.
- The warm-up room will be segregated from the competition area. If it is not possible to put them in separate rooms, they will have dividers to separate competitors and those warming up.
Warmup platforms will be limited to 4 athletes. There may be one coach per athlete. Athletes and coaches are encouraged to assist each other, minimizing personnel in the warm-up area.
Staging area will be separate from the competition area, spectator area, and warmup room. All athletes waiting to enter the platform will maintain 6-foot separation.
Attendees, including athletes, coaches, officials, and spectators in each session may not exceed the limit set by local health authorities. However, multiple sessions may be scheduled with attendees leaving the venue after the session they are participating in.
Spectators, if permitted by following local government guidelines regarding gatherings must be spaced so that they are no closer than 6 feet from other spectators. The spectator area will be separated from the competition and warmup areas. Spectators must wear masks at all times.
Please visit our AWESOME sponsors for seeing the benefits that a strong lifestyle can provide communities!
Apex Counseling – huge, huge supporters of our community! JP, Laura, and the other counselors at Apex Counseling offer psychotherapy services for individuals, couples, and groups that have difficulty getting the life they want. The counseling we offer is meant to be useful within just a few sessions. We focus on brief counseling interventions and clear goals so that our clients can get the life they deserve as quickly as possible.